Background

Monday, October 13, 2008

Ah Ha!

When my sister and her husband were her they attended a marriage conference put on my Christian Life called Weekend to Remember.  They thought is was so great that they registered each of their parents and siblings to go as well. Although Phil and I were a bit apprehensive, it was a bit out of our comfort zone and we weren't sure what to expect, we absolutely loved it.  Two of the main points I took from the conference were:  

1.  Women crave love and want to be close to their husband while Men crave and need respect.  What I realized is that I haven't shown Phil that I compl
etely respect and honor him. Of course in mind I kept thinking, "Ya, but he hasn't done ____________ or _______________. And what about _________________."  Reality is I need to be a better wife!  I have been trying to show him I love him by loving and caring for him, while he has been showing me love by respecting me.
  I guess we each exhibit the behaviors we want to have mirrored back. If only I had known this sooner.  This is a great book I found that explains this crazy mixed up idea.  





2) Instead of thinking the grass is greener on the other side...Water and fertilize your side!































Actually I found about 5, maybe 6 books! but who's counting?

3 comments:

d.r. gib said...

Those are great thoughts, thank you for sharing.

Jenny said...

What a fun experience. I totally agree with what you learned. I crave love more than anything, but you are right, Andy wants to be appreciated. And when he loves me and I appreciate him, things are great!

Jenny said...

wow. I seriously can't get over waht a gorgous picture you have on the top of your blog. I absolutely love it!

BTW: I tagged you (again) but don't do it unless you want to. It won't hurt my feelings at all if you don't.