Background

Friday, October 3, 2008

Where do I start?

Today is the day.  Today is the day I begin shooting up my body with synthetic hormones trying to trick it into performing a task that most bodies perform on their own in some desperate attempt to have a baby.  I am already an emotional mess as I have been on birth control for two weeks and sware I have gained 2o pounds of water weight...already.  People keep telling me it is all worth it.  I guess we will find out.  

As this entire process is heart wrenching and very much personal I will share what I can and ask that you allow me to do on my own, when I want to.  Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts and know that I am not trying to offend or keep anyone out of loop, I am only trying to protect myself and Phil, as this is the hardest thing we have ever had to face.  












7 comments:

Jenny said...

Amanda - all my love to you and Phil! I know this is going to be hard and so overwhelmingly emotional - especially with the hormone changes. Please call or visit anytime! I know you have so many people out there praying for you and thinking of you and we are all hoping for your dreams to come true!

Heather Hanks said...

Amanda,
We will continue to keep you and Phil in our prayers. You will be such great parents.

We love you,
Hanks

d.r. gib said...

We are praying for you guys and know that the Lord will bless you. I do not know 2 better people to be called as parents. Good luck and I am here if you need a friend to talk to.

Jill said...

Amanda,

Oh, how we love you both! You have been in our thoughts and prayers for a very long time, and will be now more than ever. I know that I can't say that I understand, but I know someone who would. My friend Lacy that commented on your blog a while back went through exactly what you are going through right now. She told me to tell you that if you ever need to, you can call and talk to her. She might be able to help you understand what might happen and how she got through it. She now has two beautiful twins and said she would do it all over again!
We love you so much, and know that the Lord has great blessings in store for you!!!

Amanda said...

Best of luck to you! I hope everything turns out for the best. It is such a sensitive thing, don't feel pressured at all to share anything you don't feel comfortable with.

Unknown said...

Phil and Amanda...you guys know you have been in my heart and in my mind since you told me the wonderful news. This is a very stressful journey...but one I hope and pray will be an exciting one for both of you. I love you so much...so thankful to have met you through our crazy lives...! In my thoughts and prayers continually...best of luck. If you need anything!!!

Unknown said...

P.S...drop me a line on "the big day" I want to bring you some dinner that day...or in the few days following...I'll bring mrs. r...HUGS!