Background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quite a Scare

So, last night at Parent Teacher Conferences I noticed a strange sensation in my legs and feet and when I looked at them I noticed a HUGE change.  I my first encounter with cankles.  The problem was that once I got home and could put my feet up the swelling didn't go down.  When I woke up it was better but I still had red streaks on my caves and the skin was tight.  I called the Dr. as soon as I could and got the answering service who called me back at 2:00 this afternoon.  I ended up needing to go in, which really scared the wits out of me.  I had to drive from Herriman to the Murray Hospital and back between 2:45 and 4:30 so I could be back for PTC again tonight.  My work-up came back looking spotless, thankfully, but they want me to watch my legs for blood clots.  They wanted me to put my feet up and rest this evening but I told them about my conferences. They ended up letting me conference but I am sitting here, on my break, with my feet up looking extremely cool with huge feet!  The best part is I get to wear compression hose on the plane to Hawaii...I know, I know, it could have been a lot worse.  

4 comments:

Jenny said...

oh wow. I'm glad everything is OK,but it always stinks when you can't just take that for granted!!! Have a great trip and be sure to call me when you are back in town!

Cody and Wendy said...

You poor thing. I'm so glad everything is okay! Hey, support socks are SEXY!! :) I'm just glad you don't have any blood clots. You're a trooper and one dedicated teacher! Let me know if you need anything. P.S. I have a cute maternity swimsuit if you want to borrow it for Hawaii...Okay, so it's nothing fancy just a black tankini. Let me know...I'd love to bring it over! Love ya!

d.r. gib said...

Good thing you are heading somewhere where you can keep your feet up! I had similar problems with swelling, so I understand! Keep them elevated as much as you can. I now have some varicose veins in a few places after my pregnancies, I hope that doesn't happen to you! Have so much fun!!!

Jill said...

Ah, cankles and compression socks. I feel you pain! Sydni is two weeks old and I still have some swelling in my feet. It's not fun having cankles, but I promise you that it is all worth it!