Background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today's the BIG day


Phil and I get to find out the sex of our baby today. We are both really excited and although I really just want to have a healthy baby I am starting to check the clock every ten minutes or so hoping lunch will come quick so I can get out of here (school). Phil wants to have a boy...of course he would!  

Everyone keeps asking if I have any thoughts or premonitions and all I can say to that is...no!  I guess it is something that some have, I just don't.  I hope it doesn't make me a horrible mom.  I can say that Monday night I had a very vivid dream about a boy so I guess we will see.

As the kids signed in today I had them tally the sex of the baby.  They came up with 13 girl votes and 10 boy votes, some of my geniuses didn't vote! Then I got a ton of advice and ways to tell what the baby was.  One of my boys said I definitely wanted a boy because his mom said they were easier to raise, he voted girl...he must not like me much!  Another girl told me that her mom gained a lot more weight with her than with her brother and since I hadn't gained much weight she thought it was a boy.  

I told my kids that I would surprise them tomorrow and I think that I will take a lesson from cute Wendy who took blue decorated sugar cookies to work. Of course I can't bake cute shapes but I can purchase cookies and frosting, color the frosting and get busy that way.  

Anyway, what an exciting day!  

Life changing to say the least.



4 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to find out!!! Do I get a sugar cookie???

I left you a voicemail yesterday. Hope you got it.

Cody and Wendy said...

I'm counting down the minutes as well! If you want a sugar cookie buddy I'd love to help! If you do want to bake some I have the cute bottle cookie cutter! Let me know...I'd love to help you. Can't wait!!!!! YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Erika said...

I can't wait to find out! YAY!

I was SURE I was going to have a boy. It just felt like a boy... Yeah, I was wrong!

The mother's intuition isn't always right!

d.r. gib said...

Yippie! You better post as soon as you find out! I was about 90% sure with Zach but not with Makayla, so unless that makes me a bad mom too, I think you are good. Good luck, don't pee your pants waiting for the ultrasound.