Background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Productivity

So,  as much as I am loving being a mom I am really having a hard time with not being as productive as I used to be.  I have had seven years of marriage to get things done on my time and it has been hard to get things done on "Xander time" instead. 

Last Wednesday Lisa and I decided to purchase a 40lb box of chicken breasts as it was super cheap.  We knew we could package it and really save a lot of money. Let me tell you I had heartburn thinking about trying to trim and package 20lbs of chicken with a five week old, but it worked.  He only screamed the last few minutes thanks to the swing...it has been a life saver. Little X has a hard time falling asleep on his own and the swinging motion really helps him drift off and stay that way.  It got me almost an hour. That tells you how long 20 lbs of chicken takes to de-gross the way I like it fixed.  

This is about half of my chicken waiting to be packaged.
This is the gross trimmed off stuff from 20lbs of chicken, talk about gagging. 
Thank goodness this adventure took place after pregnancy!
The amazing sleep machine. (sorry it's blurry)
To end a fabulous day of what I felt like was finally productive Lisa and I made an entire cooler full of peaches from my mother-in-law's tree into freezer jam. It was great as Mindi came over and held little x while lisa and I made batch after batch.  

Thank goodness for swings, friends and starting to feel like a person again!


1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

That is very impressive, and a little gross! That will be so nice to have.