Background

Friday, June 19, 2009

It Finally Happened

I realize this is strange, but what about pregnancy isn't???

For those of you who don't know, I have the most innie belly button one could ever imagine. As you know must belly buttons become outies as a pregnancy develops but I thought I had escaped that strange phenomenon as there was NO WAY mine would change that much. I tell you I have a crater!  

Well, I got in a bath last night to try to avoid any late night leg cramps and when I got out I noticed something...my belly button is as of last night an outie.  It is just a little outie, but with with 5 weeks I am sure it will continue to protrude.  

Phil saw it this morning and about died laughing!  What a fun bonding moment.  He then proceeded to tell me what a cute pregnant lady I am.  Sure, he tried to save himself.  I was too tired to care! 

4 comments:

Erika said...

Awe! It goes back in, I promise!

Katy said...

It DOES go back in... but it will never be the same.

I used to have a super deep innie, and a friend of mine who was several months further along than me one day mentioned that her belly button had popped out. I said mine would never do that, and she essentially told me, "just you wait"!

I was as shocked as you when it happened. It is now a much shallower innie than before.

Oh, and it popped out a LOT sooner with my next pregnancy that it did with the first, so expect that next time around. :-)

Cathy said...

Mine never popped out and I've had two babies. I told myself each time that if it did pop out I would stick a band-aid over it to make it go back in! You could try that if you don't like the new look.

Unknown said...

Oh dear...a member of a club I have never been in. (you poor thing!)